Saturday, January 10, 2009

Told ya so

Hi it me Beth,
As the girls moved to nursery B the doctors decided to try the girls off their reflux medicine, to see if they really needed it. And Yes, they do. The girls have been having a tough time in the last few hours. They both had to undergo a reflux test to see how much and how often they reflux. Poor things had to have tubes put down their nose and be hooked up to a computer to record a 12 hour period. So, from the test we learned that the girls are still having bad apnea with each reflux episode and they reflux quite often. With all the reflux the girls had to go back on some air. It is a very small amount but they do need a little bit of help breathing.
As their mother I knew that they were still having reflux and was hoping that the doctors would just keep them on the medicine. But we got to do what we got to do.
On top of all the reflux they also had another eye check-up. Their eyes look good. But both girls were just wiped out. They were so tired and exhausted. I hope that they will sleep well tonight and be happy and awake tomorrow. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Hi guys! It was so fun to come and see your little angels! They are so cute!!!! Thanks for inviting me to come and hold them. Well, I just go to hold Jade, next time I call Sophira! :) We'll keep praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I spelled Sofira's name wrong! Sorry! My Bad!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete