This first week has been long. As far as sleep goes, What's that? Good thing I'm young or this would be hard. . . (laughing and crying). I had the crazy idea that since they had been on a schedule for three months that maybe they would keep it. Silly me!! No the moment they left the hospital everything went a muck. The girls were not sleeping, they both wanted to eat at the same time, and the days and nights were mixed up. Which would of been ok , but the other five children still sleep at night and get up during the day. A little stress there. I have to give Chad my wonderful husband a few gold stars. He is so wonderful. He will get up and help me in the night to feed and take care of them, even though he has to work in the morning. ( love ya honey) Everyone in the family was doing so well at not getting sick. I thought we just might make it. No, They all got sick two days before the girls came home. So, needless to say the girls are sick also. Not so sick that they have to go back to the hospital and stay. But sick enough that I took them to the Doctors 3 times and the hospital 2 times. In the first week. Good thing they both are on oxygen. They have really needed it. And, the monitors just keep going off. Everyone seems to sleep through them, but me. I hear them all night. Which is a good thing, but I think that i might be going deaf. We went to the doctors to get all their shots so that they won't get sick, hehe, and to make sure they were not really really sick. Then at the hospital there is a suction clinic that I can take them to help keep their airways clear from their little colds. Which is really nice because then we don't have to go back and stay in the hospital because they are sick. We did have a little RSV scare, but the test was negative. (sigh of relief)
Now taking the girls anywhere is quit the chore. As you walk out the door you have, two small oxygen tanks, two monitors, and two big car seats, with 8 lbs babies in them. Well on most of my outings I had to travel alone, chad had to stay with the other five. Oh what fun we had trying to get to and from. I really need to start lifting weights so i don't die. And connected to all the equipment is wires and tubes. Needless to say, just standing still, let alone walking somewhere the wires and tubes tangled and then we would have to disconnect everything to seperate them. One time I couldn't get them seperated when going out to the car so i just had to put all the equipment in and both babies in one side and then climb in and put them in their seats. And i was alone and it was rain/snowing. I got my work out that day. And while all this fun adventures of so many fun outings, yeah right, my sisters wedding events were taking place. I did not make it to anything of hers on time that whole week, except for the wedding. We made it on time because i got up at 4 so we could leave by 7, which still didn't happen. We just made it to the temple on time. ( happy dance)
I have to say THANK YOU to all that helped take care of my girls. Jade and Sofira had to miss out on all the excitment. Thank You Sharik family, the Hansen family, Juna, Haley and Mom for going the extra mile and helping us out. Gold stars for everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the biggest Gold Star goes to you honey your doing great keep hanging in there. I'm proud of how well your handling all this.
ReplyDeleteChad
Hi Beth, it's Bonny (Busch). Amy told me about your blog and I have been following it for weeks now. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. The twins are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I wish I could help you out with anything, but the doctor put me on bedrest for high blood pressure. I'll be praying for you!
ReplyDeleteWow! You sure have your hands full. Sounds like things are really crazy now. Know that the Lord won't give you more than you can handle, even though it feels like it. You have got a awesome responsibility and are doing a GREAT JOB. Just take one moment at a time and you will get through. This time won't last forever, try to enjoy the little things. Love ya and I'm praying for you. Julie
ReplyDeleteP.S. I wish I was closer so I could help.
Yeah, You survived the first week. I hear the lack of sleep but I don't think I have it as bad sense I only have 2 kids. I will be thinking of you in the middle of the night when I am up with my kids. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to see you for Katie's wedding. Didn't get much of a chance to visit,but wanted you to know we continue to pray for your family daily.
ReplyDeleteWe have a couple in our ward who just had their twins this last week. They were born at 24 weeks. Thought you might find their story interresting.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/aylazoey