Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Aching Heart and Empty Hands

Beth wrote this tonight and shared it with me so I convinced her to let me post it as well:

I long for the touch of my babies. I feel their little breaths on my face, and heart beats next to mine. Just looking through the glass is hard to look but not touch. I long to feel how soft they are and smell that new baby smell. To rock a happy full baby after feedings. To listen to a cry any kind of cry. To know they can move with ease and make noise to talk to me. To comfort them when struggling or in pain. To calm them with my presence and smell to bring them relief from stress. To nurse them and see the contentment I can bring. To sing a song of joy and Christ to bring smiles to their faces and hearts. To have them home to feel complete. I have my other wonderful children that make me smile and bring me joy. I love them so much. But there is something missing, two little ones to love and kiss. But until they grow stronger to join us in this crazy world I will remain with an aching heart and empty hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment